At Ignition Fires, we are dedicated to safeguarding and preserving your privacy when visiting our site or communicating electronically with us.
We do update this Policy from time to time and so please do review this Policy regularly.
Information We Collect
In operating our website we may collect and process the following data about you:
- details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data;
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our website;
- information provided to us when you communicate with us for any reason.
Information Collected by Third Parties
In addition to information collected by ourselves, we may also receive data that has been collected by third parties, which would be added to the previous information held by ourselves.
We collect personal information about you to provide you with our online services which are detailed on our website.
On occasion, we may gather information about your computer for our services and to provide statistical information regarding the use of our website to our advertisers.
Such information will not identify you personally. It is statistical data about our visitors and their use of our site. This statistical data does not identify any personal details whatsoever.
We may gather information about your general internet use by using a cookie file. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer automatically. This cookie file is stored on the hard drive of your computer. These cookies help us to improve our website and the service that we provide to you.
All computers have the ability to decline cookies. This can be done by activating the setting on your browser which enables you to decline the cookies. Please note that, should you choose to decline cookies, you may be unable to access particular parts of our website.
We may use the cookies for the following purposes:
- to show relevant advertisements on sites on the internet;
- to show relevant advertisements based on your prior visits to our website;
- to use Google Analytics data to serve advertisements based on your prior visits to our website.
Use of Your Information
The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our services to you. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
- to provide you with information requested from us, relating to our products or services;
- to provide information on other products which we feel may be of interest to you, where you have consented to receive such information;
- to meet our contractual commitments to you;
- to notify you about any changes to our website, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect our service.
If you are an existing customer, we may contact you with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous transaction with you.
Further, we may use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, so that you can be provided with information about unrelated goods and services which we consider may be of interest to you. We or they may contact you about these goods and services by any of the methods to which you consented at the time your information was collected.
If you are a new customer, we will only contact you or allow third parties to contact you when you have provided consent and only by those means for which you provided consent.
If you do not want us to use your data for our own or third-party use, you will have the opportunity to withhold your consent to this when you provide your details to us on the form on which we collect your data.
Please be advised that we do not reveal information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers but we may, on occasion, provide them with aggregate statistical information about our visitors.
Storing Your Personal Data
We may transfer data that we collect from you to locations outside of the European Economic Area for processing and storing. Also, it may be processed by staff operating outside the European Economic Area who work for us or for one of our suppliers. For example, such staff may be engaged in the processing and concluding of your transaction, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services.
Data that is provided to us is stored on our secure servers. Details relating to any transactions entered into on our site will be encrypted to ensure its safety.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically, and transmission of such data is therefore entirely at your own risk. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping that password confidential.
Disclosing Your Information
Where applicable, we may disclose your personal information to any member of our group.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- where we sell any or all of our business and/or our assets to a third party;
- where we are legally required to disclose your information;
- to assist fraud protection and minimise credit risk.
You may find links to third party websites on our website. These websites should have their own privacy policies which you should check. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever, as we have no control over them.
How You Can Help Keep Your Personal Information Secure
As you would expect of us, we will take all reasonable measures to ensure that the personal information you provide through our website is held and managed securely. However, there is a lot that you can do to help keep your personal information safe – not just on our website, but whenever you provide information online.
Here are some simple ways you can improve the security of your information:
- use a secure browser;
- encryption is the process through which sensitive information is scrambled before it is transmitted so that it remains private even if it is intercepted; we recommend that you contact your preferred browser provider for further information;
- www.ignitionfires.com runs on a full secure https platform;
- www.ignitionfires.com also uses enterprise-strength security devices to protect your information.
Access to Information
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access the information that we hold about you. Please note that any demand for access may be subject to payment of a fee of £10 which covers our costs in providing you with the information requested. Should you wish to receive details that we hold about you please contact us using the contact details below.