With a surround of heat-retaining soapstone that goes around the sidelights, you see a lot of the fire while the heat lasts for a long time. A lot of people choose to add heat-retaining Powerstone or a fan to the Contura 596T to gain an extra boost to the heat.
- ASF – Automatic Start Function: This is an ingenious function that automatically controls the lighting air through the grate. It means that the door can be shut at the same time that the start-up fire is lit and the stove therefore becomes completely independent of room air. This means it feels safer not having to leave the stove with an open door during the start-up fire.
- RBF – Refuelling Boost Function: With the boost function you can ”save” embers that have nearly died. You just open the handle on the left, and new oxygen flows in from below and brings out the embers so that the new wood catches light. After a short time, you can once again enjoy a beautiful fire and heating.
- SSA – Silent Sliding Ashtray: Beauty in the smallest detail we say – and mean it. Contura’s new ashbox, which, thanks to its design and damping function, slides quietly and softly during emptying.
- Cool-touch handle: The handle for opening has been designed so that it does not get hot.
- Simple to use: Contura products are equipped with a single control for exact output regulation, which allows simple and precise combustion control.
- Cast iron door: In order to resist the stresses that arise with the large temperature variations, the door must be made from shape-retaining cast iron.
- Clean Burning System: In the rear of the stove there is an extra duct system for spreading preheated combustion air. The system is called Clean Burning and is activated by sliding the control on the front to the left. The stove burns efficiently and for long periods resulting in a combustion with very low particle concentrations.
- Height: 1544mm
- Width: 542mm
- Depth: 463mm
- Net Weight: 220kg
- System efficiency class: A
- Maximum log length: 33
- Maximum heating area: 120
- Output: 5
- Efficiency: 80%
- Chimney connection: Top/Back
Last updated 30 November 2023