TERMS & CONDITIONS
- References in these conditions to the Company are references to Ignition Fires (a trading name of Rexmore Marketing Ltd – No.2574866). References to the Customer are references to the person to whom the correspondence is addressed.
- All labour estimates are valid for a period of thirty days. In the event of any increase in the cost of goods or materials between the date of the estimate and the time when the goods are paid for, we reserve the right to make a corresponding increase in the contract price.
- Should the order be cancelled, the Company reserves the right to retain any deposit to cover any losses incurred by the Company in the preparation and design of your order. The sole exception to this is where the site visit reveals that the works cannot be carried out within the originally estimated figures, in which case the deposit is refundable in full.
- The Company reserves the right to make a charge equivalent to 20% of the retail value of any goods, which the Company has agreed to take back into stock, subject to their being of Merchantable quality in the opinion of the Company.
- Estimates are given and installation works carried out subject to all necessary licences, authorities or permissions, including the consent of the landlord, and planning authority first being obtained by the customer and that unrestricted access to the site will be available in order that the installation works may be undertaken.
- All materials on site are at the sole risk of the customer and in the event of any of these being damaged, destroyed or stolen, the Company shall be entitled to full payment for them, and also for any work damaged, destroyed or lost. The cost of replacing any such materials and for reinstating any such works shall be charged as an extra. (The customer shall not be responsible for any loss occasioned solely by the negligence of the Company or its employees.) We strongly recommend that the customer ensures adequate insurance is in place to cover these risks.
- Goods supplied shall remain the property of the Company until paid for and the Company reserves the right to recover them in full in the event of non-payment.
- If, in an existing chimney, free passage of liner is obstructed for any reason whatsoever, it may be necessary to break in to the chimney, or abort or alter the job. The customer shall pay the reasonable cost of any additional works necessitated or the cost of any modification or variation of the works detailed in the specification. The company shall not be responsible for any redecorations caused by this.
- Where installation and other works are to be carried out in the roof space, cupboard or cellar areas, they must be cleared of stored articles to allow reasonable access.
- The estimate is given in good faith but does not include for the use of scaffolding to carry out chimney works (except where specifically mentioned). When safe access subsequently turns out to be unavailable from a ladder, any additional cost of scaffolding will be chargeable.
- Where scaffolding or ladders are required to access chimneys then all reasonable care will be taken not to damage gardens or roofs but it may be necessary for the customer to carry out minor repair work if the existing site conditions are unusually fragile or in poor condition. Any such reasonable costs are chargeable as extra.
- The estimate is subject to the availability of the appliance(s) or equipment or any other materials necessary to complete the works.
- The company does not accept any liability for damage caused by the disturbance of existing supplies, skirtings, covings or fire surrounds.
- This estimate does not include for redecoration, renewal or repair of floorboards through which old pipes were run except as specified. No allowance has been made for chasing or boxing in wiring or pipework and all such works is specifically excluded.
- This estimate includes the lifting and replacing of normal softwood square edge floorboards. No allowance has been made for lifting tongue and grooved or such other special flooring, as for example, parquet, tiled, hardboard, secret nailed etc. No allowance has been made for reinstating/refitting of skirtings, covings, carpets, wood floors or other decorative effects.
- Carpets or lino must be removed by the Customer before the installation commences and relaid afterwards. Any damage caused by our fitters removing or replacing carpets will be the responsibility of the client and no responsibility will be accepted by the Company for making good such items.
- Approximate starting date is given in good faith, but it must be appreciated that delays can occur due to the delay in the supply of materials and uncertainty of programming works.
- The Company accepts no responsibility for any delay in completing the works due to circumstances beyond their control. Where indications of duration of works are given these are for guidance only and do not constitute a contract or part thereof.
- All goods and services are guaranteed for a period of 12 months except glass, rope seals, firebricks and other items specifically excluded by the manufacturers.
- Marble, Granite, Limestone and Slate are natural products and as such are subject to variation. We are unable to guarantee shade, markings, veining or the absence or presence, of natural flaws and vents.
- The estimate is based upon work being carried out during normal working hours. If the customer requests works to be carried out outside normal working hours the Company shall be entitled to make an additional charge for the extra costs incurred, where such installation labour is available.
- All chimneys and flues must be swept prior to commencement of works. The Company recommends the use of NACS member chimney sweeps.
- VAT is shown at the rate current at the time of estimate. It will be charged at the rate prevailing at the point of payment.
- The contract will be subject to English law and the jurisdiction of English courts. Any legal action arising out of non-payment or otherwise shall be held in the Reigate County Court.
Deposit of 20% of the total order value with order, the balance of the goods or 70% of the total order value, whichever is the greater prior to the installation (interim payment.) All goods must be paid in full prior to leaving our premises.
The fitting charge, if applicable, must be paid on the day of completion. Where there is a minor aspect of the installation which is not satisfactory, the balance of the total order value is nevertheless payable, less a reasonable amount to cover the cost of replacement/rectify.